Starting a new life in a new Country?
Cigna Global offers four Individual and Family Expat plan for; Global families, employees, independent contractors, students or anyone needing long term International Health Insurance.
4 Long Term Plans:
Close Care plan and the Silver, Gold and Platinum plans. All designed for long term coverage needs.
Individual / Family:
For the individual or family living, working or studying worldwide, Cigna offers three global health plans: Close Care, Silver, Gold & Platinum. Comprehensive medical plans for individuals and dependent family members.
When quoting, some choose to enroll in only “Core” and “Evacuation” benefits. If you have questions regarding which benefits you need or can do without please contact me anytime.
With Cigna Global you have access to over 1 million doctors, hospitals and specialists worldwide. These contracted doctors have been thoroughly screened to meet the high standards set forth by Cigna’s provider network department.
Cigna Global – 4 plans – Close Care, Silver, Gold, Platinum
When choosing benefits, the plans start with the “Core” benefit package, and additional 4 optional benefit packages which can be added to your “Core” benefits: (Outpatient, Emergency Evacuation, Health & Wellness and Vision & Dental.
Cigna Global also provides International Group Health options for employees working and living abroad.
Individual/Family (Expatriate) program (long-term) … If you have the opportunity to live or work abroad, or if you’re planning overseas travel for an extended period, you’ll want an international health insurance plan that has the flexibility to meet the unique needs of you and your family. Cigna Global Health Options gives you the ability to create a health insurance plan that provides the health coverage you need, with the expertise and customer service that is unique to Cigna.
International Group Plans:
Cigna Global Health Advantage for 2 – 20 employees. You have employees working in another country.
You want them to have easy access to quality health care around the world. Cigna Global Health Advantage 2 to 20 may be the perfect plan for you.
For your globally mobile employees and their dependents Cigna offers three comprehensive Grop International health plans .. Silver, Gold and Platinum. All offering a different level of coverage.
As an employer or HR pro, it is crucial your global employees, independent contractors and Third Country Nationals are properly covered for illness and accident while working for you abroad.
You want your global workforce to have easy access to quality health care around the world. Cigna Global provides superior claims handling, 24/7 member services to talk to a live person to help with your situation. In addition one of the largest international doctor, hospital and pharmacy networks available.
When it comes to international health care benefits, you have high expectations. And Cigna does it’s best to exceed them. Cigna’s Employer Global Health plans go beyond health benefits and can be tailored to what your company needs.
Employer Benefits you need to be aware of …
- Inpatient, Outpatient, Prescriptions and much more.
- Access to the world’s largest health network – with more than 1 million doctors and hospitals across the globe.
- Fully compliant plans. We are experts in helping choose or design globally compliant solutions that are cost-effective and comprehensive.
- 24/7/365 access to our Service Center and in-house team of international doctors and nurses.
- CignaEnvoy.com. This innovative website is loaded with features that help you manage your benefits and help your globally mobile employees get the answers and care they need.
- The option to speak with a counselor about mental, emotional and general life issues through the international Employee Assistance Program. Help is available anytime.
- Quick claims payments. More than 90% of clean customer claims are paid in 10 days or less regardless of language or currency.
- A success rate of nearly 100% in establishing guarantees of payment on behalf of customers to doctors and hospitals around the world.
- Additional “above and beyond” services that include remote second opinions from the Cleveland Clinic, international pharmacy fulfillment, and much more.
No matter what you choose, your globally mobile employees will be covered virtually wherever they go. Even if they get relocated. And to make the return home less stressful – for you and them – they’ll have a period of time where their Cigna Global plan covers them at home.
You’ve Got Options … In addition to our global health offerings, you can add dental, long-term disability, life and evacuation / repatriation coverage. Create the ultimate benefits package by adding all of them, or pick and choose what’s best for your company.
Evacuation / Repatriation … If an emergency strikes, our evacuation / repatriation policy ensures that your employees get transported to a facility that can handle their needs. Medical evacuation is a critical benefit, insuring your employee of dependent family member is transported to a facility that can properly care for their medical emergency. To a hospital nearby, to another country or back home for care. This optional benefit is payable at 100% and has no deductible. Medical coverage is required for this optional benefit.
Cigna has provided global health insurance for over 30 years. Today we have over 70 million members in over 200 countries. Looking after them is an international workforce of 31,000 people.
Is your medical coverage restricted or limited when working or traveling abroad. Is doctor or hospital access refused. Are claims denied. Domestic health insurance is simply not designed to work overseas.
International Health Insurance on the other hand is specifically designed to provide easy global access and comprehensive medical coverage for anyone who leaves their home country for work, study, vacation or simply to live. Global families, Multinational Executives, Expatriates, employees on foreign assignment, Multinational employer groups and International Students.
Your domestic health insurance and workers compensation will fall short when it comes to care in another country. Most care is not covered once you leave the U.S. borders. Also in the event of a medical emergency, neither domestic health insurance or work comp will pay for the emergency medical evacuation back to the States, Cigna will.
Why is Global Medical Insurance so critical for international travel? First and foremost is access to care. When you need care, emergency or non-emergency services, you need a plan backed by a company which is recognized or verifiable worldwide. Most countries require either proof of local health insurance or international health insurance coverage. Also, standards of hospitals and clinics vary greatly from country to country.
While you may find some that offer high quality care, you are also likely to find some that are considered to be “below average” and even in poor condition. Some hospitals won’t provide any treatment–or allow a patient to be discharged–until the hospital has received a guarantee of payment. This means you’ll have to pay in advance, perhaps as much as tens of thousands of dollars, with your credit card. In this case, the hospital must accept foreign credit cards, and your card must have a sufficient credit limit. Or you can take with you an International Health Insurance Plan from a company like GeoBlue.
U.S. health insurance and Medicare stops at our border. Don’t put yourself in the position to have to pay for your own international medical bills. The claims will be denied!
International Health & Well Being …
- Take control of your own health. The international Health & Wellbeing module helps you proactively manage your health before you fall ill.
- Screen against disease, test against common illnesses and get reassurance with routine physical exams.
- Also benefit from dietetic consultations, counselling support and our online health educations program.
International Dental & Vision …
- Look after eyes and teeth with International Dental & Vision coverage.
- See the difference with vision care. This covers you eye tests, corrective lenses, eyeglass frames, prescription sunglasses and contact lenses.
- Maintain healthy teeth with a wide range of dental treatments. You are covered for preventive, routine, major and some orthodontic procedures.
Your Health Care Partner …
All policies are not made equal. Make sure your benefits include coverage for; a terrorist act, emergency evacuation to receive proper medical attention. A company who meets rigorous U.S. insurance laws, translating to enhanced consumer rights. You don’t want an “off-shore” insurer with few consumer regulations. You also want 24/7 toll-free call center to assist you with everything from routine requests, to emergencies. The HTH staff have years of experience with international medical assistance and has close working relationships with it’s international provider community.
International Health Insurance plans come in all shapes and sizes. Make sure the plan you enroll in will meet your needs while living, traveling, studying or working abroad. The right company and plan can turn a frightening situation in a foreign land into one you are thankful for the choices you made before you left home.
Enroll in a Cigna plan …
- Choose either the Silver, Gold or Platinum plan.
- Add Optional Modules: International Outpatient – Emergency Medical Evacuation – Dental & Vision and International Health and Well-being.
- Pay for your plan – we accept most credit cards and also payment by installment.