When comparing Louisiana Medicare Supplement plans, there are a few which quickly rise to the top regarding competitive rates and excellent customer service.
Compare Medicare Supplement Rates Click here
All Medigap or Medicare Supplement plans are a little different from each other. The benefits provided vary depending on the plan you choose.
2018 deductibles and copayments:
- Medicare Part A deductible: $1,316 (benefit period deductible – every 60 days)
- Medicare Part B deductible: $183
- Medicare Part B coinsurance: 20%
Other out of pocket expenses are:
- Part B Excess charges (15% on top of Medicare fee schedule)
- Part B blood (3 pints)
- Foreign Travel
- Skilled Nursing Facility
Each plan pays for these benefits differently. So be sure to compare and ask questions before you decide on a plan for yourself and family.
Medicare Supplement plans in Louisiana are also guaranteed to be issued regardless of your current or previous health status under certain circumstances:
- If you are new to Medicare Part B, you will have 6 months from the start date of your Medicare Part B coverage to apply for a Medicare Supplement plan (approval is guaranteed). After 6 months you will have to complete the health questions on the application, and the company’s final decision will be based on your health status.
- If you are age 65 or over and have ended your employer health insurance (within 63 days) you are offered coverage.
- If you are new to Medicare Part B and or are on a Medicare Advantage plan for the first time and wish to cancel within 12 months of the effective date.
- Your Medicare Advantage plan has terminated or discontinued providing the plan in the area in which you reside.
There are also many other circumstances which allows for “guarantee issue” enrollment (learn more here). Please call regarding your situation.
Medicare Part D Rx plans … You will also need to enroll in a separate Medicare part D Rx plan, which will help you pay for your prescription costs. A good place to start you search is right here. Simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you.
It’s Easy to Enroll .. I can email, fax or mail the appropriate application to you. When complete, fax or email it back to me with a copy of your Medicare card. That’s it. I’ll do the rest.
Louisiana residents shopping for Medicare Supplement plans have many options and choices. So feel free to call or email anytime, I’ll be happy to answer all of your questions!
Need Help or have Questions?