2014 Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement (Medigap) plans for to help pay your hospital and outpatient doctor visits along with medical equipment and lab and X-Ray. Medicare members choose Anthem because of their plan choices, ease of use, consistent rates and quick and accurate administration. Use the plans anywhere in the U.S. with any Medicare – approved doctor.
- Senior Dental PPO
- Medicare Part D Rx info
- Guaranteed Issue Guidelines
- Under-Age 65 Medicare Supplement info
- What are Medicare “Excess Charges”
- Anthem Medicare Advantage PPO
- 2014 ObamaCare – Affordable Care Ace Plans
Like to Enroll? Call or email today for the enrollment forms.
Remember, you can change your Medicare Supplement company anytime of the year. Why wait, start saving money today by switching companies.
- Stable premiums. In most cases, Anthem members will pay less over a 3 to 5 year period compared to other companies.
- Access to any physician or hospital who is Medicare-Approved in the US. (No referrals necessary).
- $0 out of pocket costs when you see a doctor or hospital with Plan F.
- Policy cannot be canceled from underneath you regardless of claims history.
- No claim forms.
- Some companies will have two rates; a “new customer rate” and a “current member rate.” They will advertise the lower “new customer ” rate, while their existing members are paying the higher “current customer rate.” Anthem has doesn’t play these games, they have only “1″ rate which I believe is much better for the member.
There are 11 Federally standardized Medicare Supplement plans (A, B, C, D, F, High Deductible F, G, K, L M and N). All insurance companies offering Medicare Supplement plans must offer Plan A, although do not have to offer any others. The Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement plans consist of plans; A, F, and N.
Other Companies …
Quick Medicare Overview …
Original Medicare is essentially a national health care program for people age 65 or older, or for individuals under age 65 with certain disabilities and / or with ESRD (end-stage renal disease – kidney failure). Original Medicare is quite good coverage, although there are many gaps (deductibles, coinsurance, copays, etc.) which are not covered by Medicare that you need to be aware of.
New to Medicare, coming off of an Employer Group Health plan, your Medicare Advantage plan is being canceled? These and many other “qualifying events” allow you to enroll into an Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement policy “Guaranteed” regardless of your current or past health status. Read more here to review the Guaranteed-Issue options here. If, you are at least 65 or under-age 65 (in certain states) and are within 6 month after your Medicare Part B coverage starts, this 6-month window is called “The Initial Open Enrollment Period.”
During this ‘open enrollment’ period Anthem Blue Cross or any other company must enroll you into the Medicare Supplement plan of your choice. You can use your Open Enrollment privileges more than once during the 6 months after starting your Medicare Part B coverage. For example, you may change your mind about your initial company or policy you enrolled in, cancel it, and enroll in a new Medicare plan from the same or different company.
Your right to Open Enrollment is absolute …
The 6-month window starts the first day of the month when your Medicare Part B coverage goes into effect. Also, if you have stayed on an “Employer Health Insurance Plan” long after the 6-month window expires. You can still take advantage of “Guaranteed-Issue” rights when leaving a Group Health Insurance plan. In California, there is a very unique annual option called the Birthday-Rule, you can read more about it here. This rule allows a current Medicare Supplement member to switch to a new company to the same plan or one with less benefits every year on the month of their birthday.
Medicare Part D Rx plans …
You will also need to enroll in a separate Medicare part D Rx plan, which will help you pay for your prescription costs. A good place to start you search is right here. Simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you. Here is a good place to start.
Medicare Covered Services …
In general, Medicare covered services are considered medically reasonable and necessary to the overall diagnosis and treatment of the beneficiary’s condition. Services or supplies are considered medically necessary if they:
- Are proper and needed for the diagnosis or treatment of the beneficiary’s medical condition.
- Are furnished for the diagnosis, direct care, and treatment of the beneficiary’s medical condition.
- Meet the standards of good medical practice.
- Are not mainly for the convenience of the beneficiary, provider or supplier.
Medicare pays for care in …
- the U.S. (the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) recognizes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Virgin Islands, Guam, Northern Mariana Islands, American Samoa, and territorial waters adjoining the land areas of the U.S. and being within the U.S. Other than the above locations, Medicare will not cover you internationally.
30-Day Free Look …
If you are still not sure whether to keep your Anthem Blue Cross Medicare Supplement policy, you can simply cancel the policy and receive all of your money back … No questions asked.
Open Enrollment Season …
The Annual Open Enrollment period for Medicare Advantage plans and Medicare Part D Rx plan is every year from October 15th thru December 7th. If you are currently a Medicare Advantage member, or wish to enroll into a Medicare Advantage plan, you should review the plans annually. They change a bit each year. If you need a little help, please feel free to call anytime. I’ll be happy to help.
Anthem also has a Medicare PPO plan called the Anthem Medicare Preferred PPO plan (Click Here). Available in all Anthem States). An alternative to a Medicare Supplement plan which offers flexibility to see any physician, specialist or hospital at anytime within the vast Anthem Blue Cross PPO network. You can also see providers who are willing to see you outside the Anthem Medicare PPO network. Coupled with comprehensive coverage with the Anthem Medicare Part D prescription Rx plan at no additional cost. You can view the details here.
Enrolling is easy …
Call or email today for the enrollment form in your state. Then simply complete the Anthem Medicare Supplement application and either fax, email or mail it back to me, I’ll make sure the application process is quick and accurate and you are enrolled with your desired effective date.
Travel Insurance – Are you traveling outside the U.S. this year? Medicare does not offer coverage outside the U.S, and domestic health insurance only provides limited emergency coverage in certain situations: Click Here
Need Help or have Question?
800-700-1246 – phone
800-995-9913 – fax