Blue Shield of California Medicare Supplement plans offer a $25 discount per month for the first 12 months for anyone who is new to Medicare (Plan’s G & F Extra). $300 discount if you are new to Medicare, call today and I’ll give you the rates right over the phone or click the link below to view the rate chart.
Beginning January 1, 2020, Blue Shield will be offering 4 plans: Plans A, G, G Extra and N. If you are enrolled in their Plans F or F Extra you can keep those plans for as long as you like. Although they will not be available for new enrollments.
Blue Shield Plan G “Extra” includes; Vision & Hearing coverage
VISION: (Medical Eye Services – MESVision)
- Vision – 1 eye exam every 12 months. Eyeglass frame once every 24 months, $100 allowance. Also other lens allowances, contacts, bifocal, trifocal, multifocal etc.
- Hearing – Hearing aid exam every 12 months. 2 hearing aids per 12 months. please see details for coverage and type.
- Foreign Travel – $50,000 benefit, plan pays 80% you pay 20%.
- SilverSneakers Gym membership.
- Physician consultation by phone or video through TelaDoc.
- Over the counter items through CVS – $100 per quarter.
- Vision Services provided by (Medical Eye Services – MESVision)
- Hearing Services provided by (EPIC Hearing Healthcare – EPIC)
- Plan G Extra details: Click Here
$25 per month “discount”
ARE YOU NEW TO MEDICARE? If so, Blue Shield will discount your Medicare Supplement premium by $25 per month for the first 12 months you are on your Blue Shield Medicare Supplement Plan (Plans F & G ).
Most Popular Medicare Supplement Plans: F, G, N
- Plan F = 100% coverage.
- Plan G = $185 deductible, then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = $185 deductible, then $20 copay for outpatient visits.
- All three provide 100% coverage for Inpatient Hospital services.
- Medicare Supplement Plans
- Medicare Advantage (Blue Shield 65 Plus)
- Medicare Part D Rx Prescription Plans
Already have a Medicare Supplement plan with another company? You can move to Blue Shield without answering any health questions and be approved regardless of your current health status during your birthday month. You won’t need to worry about additional medical underwriting if you are switching to a Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan with benefits equal to or less than the benefits you currently have.
If you sign up for Easy$Pay (automatic bank draft) you save $3 per month. This service automatically pays your monthly payment from your checking or savings account.
Enroll in one of our dental plans at the same time you enroll in your Medicare Supplement plan, and save $3 per month for the first 6 months.
As a non-profit health plan, we’ve put the care of our members before profits for over 75 years. We strive to uphold high standards of ethical business practices in our programs, plans and interactions with everyone we serve.
Silver Sneakers fitness program
The SilverSneakers Fitness program is included at no additional cost with all Blue Shield medicare supplement plans and Medicare Advantage 65 Plus plans. Improve your health and well-being with regular exercise.
Blue Shield Medicare Advantage 65 Plus (HMO)
$0 premium in most counties, coupled with no cost for office visits and hospitalization. These Medicare HMO plans include the Medicare Part D Rx plans at no additional cost to you. Blue Shields Medicare Supplement plans offer you the freedom to choose any doctor, specialist, hospital, or other provider that accepts Medicare. In other words, you’re not limited to a network! Medicare Advantage HMO Plans
Over 70 years of serving Californians … As a not-for-profit health plan, Blue Shield of California is guided by its mission and values to provide Californians with access to quality health care coverage at an affordable price. As fellow Californians, we understand your unique needs and offer several types of health plans designed to meet those needs.
Established in 1939 … We are a time tested financially sound company that you can count on. In 2010 Blue Shield received “A” financial strength ratings from Standard & Poor’s and AM Best, and covers more than 2 million members with individual and employer group plans throughout California.
- Enroll today in a Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan, it’s quick and easy. Call me and I will walk you through the process.
Blue Shield offers 8 Medicare Supplement Plans: A, C, D, F, G, High Deductible F, K, and N. The Plans vary in price and each plan offers a different level of benefits.
Medicare Part D Rx plans … You will also need to enroll in a separate Medicare part D Rx plan, which will help you pay for your prescription costs. A good place to start you search is right here. Simply email a list of your current medications along with the dosage and frequency. I’ll enter the information into the Medicare system, to come up with the top 3 plans for your prescription list. The results will show the best three plans for coverage and cost for your medications. I will then email the results to you.
Birthday Rule … we have what is called the Birthday rule with Medicare Supplement plans. You are able to switch companies each year on your birthday regardless of your health status.
If you are ever Hospitalized, you need to be aware of the term; Observation Status. This is being admitted into the hospital as outpatient, even if you are there for several days. This may have expensive consequences. Click here for more info.
30 Day Free Look period … If you are still not sure if you are going to keep the Blue Shield Medicare Supplement policy, simply cancel within 30 days and receive all of your money back … No questions asked.
Extra’s … NurseLine 24/7 Access our 24 hour nurse-line service either by phone or in a secure online environment for medical questions and concerns.
- Pre-Surgical Guided Imagery Program. Helps members prepare and recover from surgery.
- Health Management Programs: Learn strategies for living with health conditions such as diabetes, congestive heart failure, and arthritis.
- California Advanced Health care directive: Be prepared and find out more about this important legal document.
- Routine eye care discounts: Receive a 20% discount on frames and lenses.
- Also call regarding our Blue Shield Dental PPO Plan.
Dental & Vision Plan Brochure & Application: Click Here for Info
Hearing Aid Discounts … As a Blue Shield member, you are eligible for a 30% discount on hearing aids purchased from our contracted provider, Newport Audiology.
- 0% charge for office visit (including hearing-aid evaluation, cleaning and adjustment).
- 30% discount on hearing aids, which come with; Unlimited adaptation and counseling visits, two year warranty, covering loss and damage, and a two year supply of batteries per hearing aid purchased, and in-office services for the life of the hearing aid.
Vision Care discounts … Blue Shield Medicare Supplement members save 20% on a wide range of products and services, including eyeglass frames, lenses and tints.
Enroll Today – please call anytime and I will help you through the enrollment process. I will make sure the process is quick and accurate.
No Cost Help … there is no charge for my services. The insurance companies provide a fee for me to help you with enrollment and service.
Please feel free to reach out to me by phone (916) 682-1117 or email at email@example.com or simply complete the brief information request form below.