Traveling to Mexico City for work or pleasure? Protect yourself, family or employees with an International Medical insurance plan from Cigna Global.
Long term work assignment, study abroad or extended vacations, the Mexico City metro area, with a population of approximately 26,000,000 people has something for everyone.
With sixteen districts or Mexico City, each offering different styles of business, restaurants, schools and entertainment. Some very modern and other showing their historic side.
DO YOU LIVE OUTSIDE THE U.S. FOR MORE THAN 90 DAYS PER YEAR?
If so, you may qualify for an International family plan which, for a lower premium, provides permanent global coverage, including the U.S.
The International medical plan typically provides better coverage and better access to doctors and hospitals than an Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) plan. Access to the Blue Cross/Blue Shield network across the U.S.
Local, regional and global insurance rules and regulations make your policy choice as important as the coverage itself.
Health Care in Mexico City:
There are 15 hospitals within a 25 mile radius. A few are: Hospital Angeles Roma (52.55.5256..3000), Star Medico Centro (52.55.1084.4747), Hospital Angeles Metropolitano (52.55.5265.1900) and Centro Medico Dalinde (52.55.5265.2800).
- All Health Care Services are considered “Fair” with “Medium Risk.”
- Emergency Services Responsiveness: Fair – This measure rates Mexico City’s emergency services based on how reliably they generally respond to a call for help. It takes into account primarily government-operated ambulance services, if available, and also captures he reliability of the communications infrastructure.
- Pharmacy Reliability: Fair – Although quality and service within Mexico City may differ from pharmacy to pharmacy, the city-wide level reliability is based on the quality and maintenance of medicines available in pharmacies and the training and knowledge requirements for pharmacists.
- Water Quality: Medium Risk – According toe the WHO (world Health Organization), diarrhea is the disease most closely linked to the local environment, affected most by the quality of drinking water and sanitation. While this rating does take into account the availability of water and quality of the sanitation system, it does not reflect the availability of bottled water.
- Air Quality: Medium Risk – Both indoor and outdoor air quality are considered in this rating. Indoor air pollution occurs widely in developing countries where cooking and or heating rely on burning wood, charcoal and other resources. Outdoor air pollution is more prevalent in cities like Mexico City and industrial areas of rapidly developing and developed areas.
- Infectious Diseases: Medium Risk – Although an individual’s behavior, vaccination status and immune system are major factors in assessing their personal risk for infection, this metric focuses on the risk of infectious disease at a country-wide level, taking into account the prevalence of disease and vectors.
Mexico Travel Warning:
The U.S. Department of State warns U.S. citizens about the risk of traveling to certain places in Mexico due to threats to safety and security posed by organized criminal groups in the country. U.S. citizens have been the victims of violent crimes, such as kidnapping, carjacking, and robbery by organized criminal groups in various Mexican states. For information on security conditions in specific regions of Mexico, which can vary.
Emergency Contact Information:
- Ambulance – 066
- Police – 066
- Fire – 066
Why Cigna Global?
Cigna has worked in international health insurance for more than 30 years. Today, we have 60 million customer relationships around the world. Looking after them is an international workforce of 30,000 people, plus a network of more than 1 million hospitals, physicians, clinics and health and wellness specialists.
Our full-time, clinical team is led by physicians. We have years of experience in dealing with varied and unique clinical and service situations worldwide. Our vast experience means we provide high standards of healthcare, regardless of where you are in the world.
Leaders in Global Healthcare Benefits
- Individual & Group international health Insurance plans
- Dental & vision plans (Optional)
- International employee assistance
- Continuation options
- Health & Wellbeing benefits (Optional)
What we do
We work together with customers to help them lead a healthy, secure life. We provide customers with personally relevant products and services, and we help customers choose affordable health care and achieve optimal health outcomes.
You are covered wherever you go
Cigna International provides access to superior quality healthcare and related financial protection programmes to employers, affinity groups and individuals around the globe.
Our plans offer three levels of cover: Silver, Gold and Platinum.
Choose your level of cover from the table below. All amounts apply per beneficiary and per period of cover (except where otherwise noted). International Medical Insurance is your essential cover for inpatient, outpatient and accommodation costs, as well as cover for cancer, psychiatric care and much more. Our Gold and Platinum plans also give you cover for maternity care.
Add Optional Benefits
Cigna Global Health Options helps you create a health insurance plan that’s perfectly tailored for the needs of you and your family by offering you the reassurance of comprehensive core cover, and the flexibility of additional modules to build a plan which fits your needs.
Take control of your own health. The International Health & Wellbeing module helps you proactively manage your health before you fall ill. It allows you to manage your health in your own way with cover for screenings, tests, examinations and other wellbeing activities. Screen against disease, test against common illnesses and get reassurance with routine physical exams. Also benefit from dietetic consultations, counselling support and our online health education program.
Transferring to Cigna Global
It’s very easy to transfer to Cigna from another private medical insurance plan. If you’re currently with an insurer with whom we can accept business from, we may be able to cover you without any medical underwriting or additional exclusions.