Silicon Valley employees, independent contractors, third country nationals and global families all need international medical insurance protection from accidents and illnesses which occur abroad.
Silicon Valley companies who send their employees abroad on long-term and short-term assignments can be covered by either a Group International plan or single Individual international medical plans.
Both offer similar coverage, although the group plan will offer guaranteed enrollment regardless of the employees current or previous health status. Individual international medical plans, at least the “good ones,” will have limited medical underwriting which need approval before the policy is either approved or denied.
When are “Individual” International medical policies chosen? Usually when there are a few employees and or families needing coverage. More than 5 or 6 employees or contractors, the employer will typically opt for a group international medical plan.
Group Plans are very easy to start and have very limited administration. Also, group plans can include independent contractors and third country nationals who are not necessarily on your payroll. You do not need proof of employment through payroll records.
Silicon Valley’s tech, medical and pharmaceutical industries are all very involved with providing international medical insurance to their employees and contractors on a short-term and long-term basis.
Start-ups with only a few employees up to multinational corporations with hundreds, take advantage of the available international coverage options regardless of where you are and for how long.
BENEFITS TO BE AWARE Of:
- Inpatient, Outpatient, Prescriptions and much more.
- Access to the world’s largest health network – with more than 1 million doctors and hospitals across the globe.
- Fully compliant plans. We are experts in helping choose or design globally compliant solutions that are cost-effective and comprehensive.
- 24/7/365 access to our Service Center and in-house team of international doctors and nurses.
- CignaEnvoy.com. This innovative website is loaded with features that help you manage your benefits and help your globally mobile employees get the answers and care they need.
- The option to speak with a counselor about mental, emotional and general life issues through the international Employee Assistance Program. Help is available anytime.
- Quick claims payments. More than 90% of clean customer claims are paid in 10 days or less regardless of language or currency.
- A success rate of nearly 100% in establishing guarantees of payment on behalf of customers to doctors and hospitals around the world.
- Additional “above and beyond” services that include remote second opinions from the Cleveland Clinic, international pharmacy fulfillment, and much more.
No matter what you choose, your globally mobile employees will be covered virtually wherever they go, even if they are relocated. And to make the return home less stressful – for you and them – they’ll have a period of time where their Cigna Global plan covers them at home.