Human Resource (HR) pro’s understand the need for an international health insurance policy for their employees when traveling, working and living abroad.
Whether a short-term or long-term assignment, international health insurance provides the necessary coverage and protection which is not offered with a traditional domestic health insurance policy.
Don’t let your Global employees feel stranded in a far-away country if an emergency strikes.
Health Insurance Falls Short when Abroad:
- NO Emergency Evacuation or Repatriation
- NO Crisis Management.
- NO Terrorism Coverage
- NO Political or Natural Disaster Evacuation.
- NO 24/7/365 Member Support
- NO Coverage for outpatient care, Dr. visits, Rx, maternity Lab & X-Ray, etc.
- International Health provides this and much more.
If your employees are exposed when working outside the U.S., than your company is exposed as well.
Protect your global workforce and their family members with an International Health Insurance policy from Blue Cross Blue Shield Global.
Comprehensive medical protection and access to over 1.2 million providers in 190 Countries worldwide.
“Finding a doctor in Marrakesh is easy, finding one with a legitimate medical license, well that’s where we come in.”
Multinational employees, Contractors and Third Country Nationals need more than Insurance:
- Finding and receiving quality treatment abroad can be daunting
- Many hospitals require payment up front, resulting in steep out-of-pocket expenses
- Avoiding health and security hazards is essential in today’s global landscape
- A costly event such as an air evacuation can be critical to access the best care
The Most Complete Solution:
- From doctor visits to hospitalization to evacuation, clients are covered
- Preferred access to elite doctors and hospitals ensures quality care
- We settle claims directly, so care is both cashless and convenient
- There are no pre-certification penalties and terrorism is covered
- Pre-existing conditions coverage is available in most instances
- Health and security tools and news alerts cover hundreds of destinations
- Convenient service is available via the web, mobile device or phone
Covering Your World with Blue Cross Blue Shield Global:
Elite Global Provider Network … Outside of the U.S., Blue Cross Blue Shield Global has a distinctive process for evaluating medical providers that is unparalleled in the international insurance industry. We have approximately 140 Regional Physician Advisors (RPAs) who are strategically located around the globe to identify the best doctors and hospitals to contract with in local communities.
Our providers must meet extensive selection criteria and agree to adhere to the quality standards set forth by Blue Cross Blue Shield Global. They must be nominated by one of our RPAs, practice western style medicine, possess accreditations and board certifications from American, UK, Canadian and Australian authorities and speak fluent English. Through this selection process, Blue Cross Blue Shield Global has developed, and continues to expand, an elite network of contracted and profiled providers and facilities around the world.
We have made a commitment to deliver direct pay for both inpatient and outpatient services. Our contracted network receives direct payment from Blue Cross Blue Shield Global or GeoBlue so members will not have to pay and submit a claim. Members who choose one of our long term expatriate plans with US coverage have access to the Blue Cross Blue Shield network.
This network includes more than 92 percent of physicians and 96 percent of hospitals across the U.S. Concierge-level service The dedicated customer service team is available 24/7/365 to assist members with finding providers, scheduling appointments, and addressing health concerns.
Blue Cross Blue Shield Global provides support to members in need of expected or unexpected access to quality medical care, second opinions, video conferencing, and medical evacuation and repatriation services. This team also assists members with planning for health care needs prior to departure on assignment. Our customer service center and global health resources teams are trained to address the needs of a global population.
Use the Global App:
With the Blue Cross Blue Shield app, world travelers have convenient access to the best local doctors, hospitals and resources anywhere in the world. Search providers for medical, dental, or mental health care and map them using GPS technology.
- Request an appointment with a trusted Blue Cross Blue Shield Global provider
- Arrange Direct Pay for future appointments to secure cashless access to care
- Access issued Guarantees of Payment to view and share with others including doctors and hospitals
- Find a medication’s availability, generic name, and local brand name
- Translate medical terms and phrases for many symptoms and situations; use the audio feature to play the translation
- Display an ID Card on a mobile device and email/fax a copy directly to provider’s office
- File a claim either by entering information or sending a photo of a completed form
- View country or city profiles on crime, terrorism and natural disasters
Questions & COmments: