Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plans and rates in San Diego are available for enrollment year around.
San Diego Residents have a wide range of choices with Blue Shield. Medicare Supplement plans along with the Blue Shield 65 Plus Medicare Advantage HMO plan. Is a Medicare Supplement right for your situation? Or maybe a Medicare Advantage HMO fits your needs and budget.
If you would like to compare Medicare Supplement rates in San Diego County be sure to include; Blue Shield, Anthem Blue Cross, UnitedHealthcare and Health Net. They are all very competitively priced through out San Diego County.
Not only does San Diego county offer some of California’s lowest Medicare Supplement rates, San Diego also has some of the finest Hospitals and medical facilities in the country.
- Sharp Hospitals in; Coronado, San Diego and Chula Vista.
- Scripps Hospitals: La Jolla, San Diego and Encinitas.
- Grossmont Hospital in La Mesa
- Fallbrook Hospital; Fallbrook.
- Palomar Hospital in Escondido.
- Tri-City Medical Group in Oceanside.
- Parodise Valley Hospital in National City.
- University of San Diego Medical Center in San Diego.
- Alvarado Hospital in San Diego.
- Pomerado Hospital in Poway.
San Diego offers a great lifestyle; beautiful beaches, weather, entertainment along with quality and great access to care and Medicare Supplement rates which provide more Medicare plan options to you! This is a great combination for any Medicare member living in the San Diego area.
If a Medicare Advantage plan is more to your liking. San Diego County in 2019 offers 30 Medicare Advantage plan, all are HMO’s including the very popular Blue Shield 65 Plus plan.
The Medicare PPO plan offers greater flexibility when visiting doctors, and remember with HMO style of plans, you must choose a Primary Care Physician (PCP) when you enroll. This PCP is the doctor who organizes your care and will refer you to the necessary specialists within the same medical group. Medicare Advantage plans include the Medicare Part D Rx coverage. Medicare Advantage Plan info.
People buy Medicare Supplement plans for 2 reasons:
1) ACCESS – They provide the greatest access to doctors and hospitals. There are no networks to navigate, or needed referrals for specialist visits. With a Medicare Supplement you can see any doctor or hospital in the U.S. who accepts Medicare. It’s that easy. If the doctor accepts medicare, make the appointment and go. No more fussing with networks. Even if the doctor is in another State, if they accept Medicare you can see them. It’s a great system, so take advantage of it.
2) COVERAGE – the popular Medicare Supplements (Plans G, F, N) provide the most comprehensive coverage. Either 100% coverage (Plan F) or a small $183 deductible (G & N) or possibly a outpatient copay of $20 (Plan N). This coverage is tough to beat.
Travel Insurance – Medicare does not provide coverage outside the U.S.
If you have any questions regarding the different plans or which may work better for your situation and budget, feel free to contact me anytime. I will be happy to answer all of your questions.