Blue Shield of California Medicare Supplement plans come in five available options; A, C, D, F and K. All are available in all Counties of California. Also available is their Blue Shield Dental PPO plans, Vision plan and our Medicare Part D Rx plans.
- Founded by physicians in 1939, Blue Shield of California proudly serves the health care needs of more than three million Californians.
- Not-for-Profit company.
- “A” Rated Company.
- Silver Sneakers Fitness program is included at no additional cost.
- $2 monthly savings if you use “EasyPay” (auto-debit) to pay your monthly premiums, this is their auto-pay program through your checking or savings account.
$15 Discount per Month ... If you are new to Medicare, you will receive a $20 per month discount off or your Blue Shield Medicare Supplement premium, for the first 12 months from when you start your Medicare Part B coverage. This is up to a savings of $240 for that first year.
Blue Shield is one of the Medicare Supplement leaders in California, if you are new to Medicare or have another company plan, you may want to compare the Blue Shield rates for your county. You may be surprised. The California Birthday-Rule is also available to any California Medicare Supplement member who wishes to switch companies during the month of their birthday. Remember, if you are using the “birthday rule” you do not have to answer any health or prescriptions questions on the application. It’s guaranteed.
- Network of more than 21,000 general and specialty care dentists in California, and over 144,000 nationwide.
- Three annual teeth cleanings, plus annual X-rays and oral cancer screening covered at 100% while using network providers.
- No waiting periods for checkups, cleanings, fillings, X-rays, or basic services.
- Wide range of dental services; crowns, endodontics, periodontics, oral surgery and prosthetics.
Dental + Vision Package:
- Includes all dental benefits of the Dental PPO 1500 Plan.
- $0 copay for eye exams.
- $25 copayment for lenses and low vision aids.
- $100 frame allowance for any pair of frames.
- 90 waiting period for vision services.
Dental Rates …
- Dental PPO 1000: Individual ($35) Two-party ($70)
- Dental PPO 1500: Individual ($44) Two-party ($88)
- Specialty Duo Dental + Vision Ind. ($57.50) Two-party ($115)
- Brochure & Application
It’s Easy to Enroll … To enroll in either the Blue Shield Medicare Supplement plan or one of the Dental/Vision packages, simply fill out the enrollment application, sign it, and fax it, or scan and email back to me. I’ll do the rest.
Please feel free to call anytime with questions.