The Medicare Supplement choices in Santa Barbara are plentiful, although the Medicare Advantage HMO plan choices are meek and typically only offer a couple plans in Santa Barbara County from year to year.
Anthem Medicare Supplement choices in Santa Barbara: Plans F, G and N.
The Anthem Innovative Plan F includes ‘Vision’ and ‘Hearing’ benefits at no additional cost.
If you need assistance comparing the 25 Medicare Part D Rx plans in Santa Barbary county, I’ll be happy to send you the comparison results for your medication list.
Medicare Supplement or Medicare Advantage?
Medicare Supplement Plans:
- First, with all Medicare Supplement policies you are able to see any doctor or hospital across the U.S. who accepts Medicare. No networks, referrals or primary care physicians to fuss with.
- The best coverage – Plan F provides 100% coverage, no copays, deductibles or percentages. Go in for surgery, you don’t pay a dime. Plan G is just like Plan F but has a $183 annual deductible.
- Medicare Supplement policies do not include the Medicare Part D Rx plan. You will need to enroll in a stand-along Part D plan, and choose the best plan for your medications. Their are typically 25 Part D plans in each County.
- Medicare Supplement plans are “letter” plans. Such as, Plan F, Plan G, Plan N, etc.
Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Medicare Advantage plans are typically HMO plans. If you have ever had an HMO health insurance policy through work, these are very similar. There are a few Medicare Advantage “PPO” plans, but id depends on your County.
- Most Medicare Advantage plans include the Part D Rx coverage.
- Many Medicare Advantage plans are very inexpensive, often no premium. They are heavily subsidized through Medicare.
- The Annual Open Enrollment Period is each year from October 15 – December 7. This allows you to view any plan changes for the next year, and change to any available plans/companies in your County.
- When you enroll in a Medicare Advantage HMO plan you must choose 1 doctor, to be your Primary Care Physician (PCP). This doctor organizes your care and will refer you to specialists and which hospital you can use.
Any Medicare member can move into a Medicare Advantage policy available in their County every year during open enrollment regardless of your health status.
On the other hand, if you wish to move to a Medicare Supplement, most likely you will need to answer the health questions on the new application and this will be reviewed by the company. Your application will either be approved or denied.
If you are new to Medicare, you have 6 months to enroll in a Medicare Supplement plan without needing to answer health questions. After this 6-month window closes, you can still apply for a Medicare Supplement policy, but your health history will be reviewed.
Medicare Advantage plans along with Medicare Part D plans you have 3 months to enroll in a plan when you are new to medicare. If you do not enroll, you must wait until the next open-enrollment period.
The Anthem Innovative Plan F, is the traditional plan F, although it now includes vision and hearing benefits at no additional cost.
THE MOST POPULAR PLANS: F, G, N
- Plan F = 100% coverage.
- Plan G = $183 deductible, then 100% coverage.
- Plan N = $183 deductible, then $20 copay for outpatient visits.
- All three provide 100% coverage for Inpatient Hospital services.
Plan F and the New Innovative Plan F, provide 100% coverage, which means when you see a doctor or hospital, you do not pay a co-pay or deductible. Plan G is similar to Plan F, although it has an outpatient deductible of $183. Plan N, you are responsible for the $183 deductible along with a $20 copay for outpatient visits.
Dental HMO – $21 per month
- Implants – covered with the Blue Shield Dental HMO.
- All Ages – able to enroll with the Blue Shield Dental HMO plans.
- Rates: Click Here
No Cost Help … there is no charge for my services. The insurance companies provide a fee for me to help you with enrollment and service.
Please feel free to reach out to me by phone (916) 682-1117 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org or simply complete the brief information request form below.