For ages 65 and above, the Anthem Extras dental & vision coverage for anyone in California looking for quality dental/vision coverage. (Under age 65 dental plans – bottom of this page)
Contact me and I will check to see if your dentist is contracted with Anthem Extras.
Anthem Blue Cross has some new Dental & Vision packages called Anthem Extras, which can compliment all of our Medicare Supplement plans. Anthem Extras consist of three packages; Standard, Premium and Premium Plus. All three offer valuable benefits and services.
2 Types of Dental Plans:
PPO Dental Plans … Traditional PPO style dental plan, as long as you stay within the PPO dental network you will benefit from a 25% to 40% discount on your dental services right off the top.
With these lower contracted prices, you then are responsible for 20% to 50% of the cost, depending if the service provided is considered ‘minor’ services or ‘major’ services. Anthem provides 5 different PPO dental plans and 1 HMO dental plan.
An example of how “in-network” dental services can lower your costs:
Example: John gets a crown from an out of network dentist who charges $1,200 for the service and bills Anthem for that amount.
Anthem’s maximum allowed amount for this dental service is $800. That means there will be a $400 difference, which the dentist can bill John. Since John will also need to pay $400 which is 50% of $800, the total he’ll pay the out of network dentist is $800.
Now lets look at “in-network” costs:
- Dentist charge for the crown: $1,200.
- Anthem’s contracted amount: $800.
- Anthem pays 50%: $400.
- You pay 50% coinsurance of the $800 charge = $400.
- balance you owe the dentist: $1,200 – $800 = $400.
- Your total cost = $400.
Who is Eligible for Anthem Extra’s ... Anyone age 65 or older. Anthem Extras Plans are considered “Stand-Alone” plans, which means you do not need an Anthem Medicare plan to enroll in Anthem Extras. All you need to be is 65 or older, that’s it!! Even if you have a Medicare Supplement plan from another company, Anthem Extras is for you!! You can enroll or cancel the plan anytime of the year.
And best of all, these packages are available for a monthly plan premiums of: $23, $44 and $63. The benefits in each package will roll up to one overall premium, and you will receive one ID card for all of these services.
- Annual Maximum Benefit Options: $500, $1,000 or $1,250.
- Annual Deductible – $0 to $50.
- Network of Dentists – Dental Blue 100 network.
- Routine Cleanings, Exams & X-rays – 100% covered when using a contracted dentist (2 cleanings per year)
- Fillings – 80% coverage (Premium & Premium Plus packages)
- Endodontics – Root canals, Oral surgery & Simple tooth extractions – 50% coverage (Premium & Premium Plus packages).
- Prosthodontics – Crowns, Dentures, Bridges – 50% coverage (Premium Plus package only)
- Vision Exam – $10 to $20 copay (in-network providers only)
- Eyeglass Frames – You pay excess of $100. 20% discount applies to the balance over $100.
- Eyeglass Lenses – $10 to $20 copay (standard plastic single vision, bifocal or trifocal lenses)
- Contact Lenses – Conventional lenses ($80 allowance then 15% off the remaining balance) Disposable: $80 allowance, Non elective lenses (covered in full).
- Coordinate and pay for medical evacuation to the nearest appropriate treatment facility or back home when medically necessary.
- Schedule a bedside visit for a family member or friend if you are hospitalized for more than seven days, or if you are in critical condition.
- Access health-related travel planning information and receive assistance in replacing lost prescription medications or contact lenses while traveling, and much more!
Silver Sneakers Fitness Program … SilverSneakers offers physical activity, health education and social events designed just for Medicare-eligible members like you. You’ll have access to the following valuable services:
- Fitness – Enjoy basic membership at a participating SilverSneakers location.
- Fun – Participate in SilverSneakers classes, which are designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.
- Friends – Meed new friends while you exercise.
- Each SilverSneakers location has a Program Adviser to assist you with enrolling and meeting your health goals. You can use any of more than 11,000 location across the nation that offer the SilverSneakers Fitness Program. So if on vacation, see if a location will be near you.
- Find a Location – www.silversneakers.com
Questions? Call or email anytime.