Dental & Vision coverage for anyone in California age 65 and over. (Under age 65 dental plans – bottom of this page) Anthem Blue Cross has some new Dental & Vision packages called Anthem Extras, which can compliment all of our Medicare Supplement plans. Anthem Extras consist of three packages; Standard, Premium and Premium Plus. All three offer valuable benefits and services.
Plans from $23 – $63 (See the benefit chart below)
Who is Eligible ... Anyone age 65 or older. Anthem Extras Plans are considered “Stand-Alone” plans, which means you do not need an Anthem Medicare plan to enroll in Anthem Extras. All you need to be is 65 or older, that’s it!! Even if you have a Medicare Supplement plan from another company, Anthem Extras is for you!! You can enroll or cancel the plan anytime of the year.
And best of all, these packages are available for a monthly plan premiums of: $23, $44 and $63. The benefits in each package will roll up to one overall premium, and you will receive one ID card for all of these services.
- Annual Maximum Benefit Options: $500, $1,000 or $1,250.
- Annual Deductible – $0 to $50.
- Network of Dentists – Dental Blue 200 network.
- Routine Cleanings, Exams & X-rays – 100% covered when using a contracted dentist (2 cleanings per year)
- Fillings – 80% coverage (Premium & Premium Plus packages)
- Endodontics – Root canals, Oral surgery & Simple tooth extractions – 50% coverage (Premium & Premium Plus packages).
- Prosthodontics – Crowns, Dentures, Bridges – 50% coverage (Premium Plus package only)
- Vision Exam – $10 to $20 copay (in-network providers only)
- Eyeglass Frames – You pay excess of $100. 20% discount applies to the balance over $100.
- Eyeglass Lenses – $10 to $20 copay (standard plastic single vision, bifocal or trifocal lenses)
- Contact Lenses – Conventional lenses ($80 allowance then 15% off the remaining balance) Disposable: $80 allowance, Non elective lenses (covered in full).
- Coordinate and pay for medical evacuation to the nearest appropriate treatment facility or back home when medically necessary.
- Schedule a bedside visit for a family member or friend if you are hospitalized for more than seven days, or if you are in critical condition.
- Access health-related travel planning information and receive assistance in replacing lost prescription medications or contact lenses while traveling, and much more!
Silver Sneakers Fitness Program … SilverSneakers offers physical activity, health education and social events designed just for Medicare-eligible members like you. You’ll have access to the following valuable services:
- Fitness – Enjoy basic membership at a participating SilverSneakers location.
- Fun – Participate in SilverSneakers classes, which are designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.
- Friends – Meed new friends while you exercise.
- Each SilverSneakers location has a Program Adviser to assist you with enrolling and meeting your health goals. You can use any of more than 11,000 location across the nation that offer the SilverSneakers Fitness Program. So if on vacation, see if a location will be near you.
- Find a Location – www.silversneakers.com
Anthem Individual & Family Dental Plans (Under age 65):
Questions? Call or email anytime.