For anyone over age 65. Anthem Blue Cross has some new Dental & Vision packages called Anthem Extras, which can compliment all of our Medicare Supplement plans. Anthem Extras consist of three packages; Standard, Premium and Premium Plus. All three offer valuable benefits and services, such as;
- Anthem Extras Brochure (Click Here)
- Anthem Extras Application (Print & View Here)
- Find a dentist near you - Search Here
Who is Eligible …
Anyone age 65 or older. Anthem Extras Plans are considered “Stand-Alone” plans, which means you do not need an Anthem Medicare plan to enroll in Anthem Extras. All you need to be is 65 or older, that’s it!! Even if you have a Medicare Supplement plan from another company, Anthem Extras is for you!! You can enroll or cancel the plan anytime of the year.
And best of all, these packages are available for a monthly plan premiums of: $23, $44 and $63. The benefits in each package will roll up to one overall premium, and you will receive one ID card for all of these services.
Anthem States …
- Annual Maximum Benefit – $500, $1,000 or $1,250 depending on the plan you choose.
- Annual Deductible – $0 to $50.
- Network of Dentists – Dental Blue 200 network – check for Dentists here.
- Routine Cleanings, Exams & X-rays – 100% covered when using a participating dentist (2 cleanings per year)
- Fillings – 80% coverage (Premium & Premium Plus packages)
- Endodontics – Root canals, Oral surgery & Simple tooth extractions – 50% coverage (Premium & Premium Plus packages)
- Prosthodontics – Crowns, Dentures, Bridges – 50% coverage (Premium Plus package only)
- Vision Exam – $10 to $20 copay (in-network providers only)
- Eyeglass Frames – You pay excess of $100. 20% discount applies to the balance over $100.
- Eyeglass Lenses – $10 to $20 copay (standard plastic single vision, bifocal or trifocal lenses)
- Contact Lenses – Conventional lenses ($80 allowance then 15% off the remaining balance) Disposable: $80 allowance, Non elective lenses (covered in full).
Travel Assistance …
What would happen if you got sick in another country? Who would you call if you couldn’t speak the native language? With Travel Assistance, you’ll get extended service 24 hours a day, seven days a week, no matter where you are abroad. If you have an emergency medical situation while traveling abroad, simply call our assistance coordination line from any country to:
- Coordinate and pay for medical evacuation to the nearest appropriate treatment facility or back home when medically necessary.
- Schedule a bedside visit for a family member or friend if you are hospitalized for more than seven days, or if you are in critical condition.
- Access health-related travel planning information and receive assistance in replacing lost prescription medications or contact lenses while traveling, and much more!
Silver Sneakers Fitness Program …
SilverSneakers offers physical activity, health education and social events designed just for Medicare-eligible members like you. You’ll have access to the following valuable services:
- Fitness – Enjoy basic membership at a participating SilverSneakers location.
- Fun – Participate in SilverSneakers classes, which are designed exclusively for older adults who want to improve their strength, flexibility, balance and endurance.
- Friends - Meed new friends while you exercise.
- Convenience – Each SilverSneakers location has a Program Adviser to assist you with enrolling and meeting your health goals. You can use any of more than 11,000 location across the nation that offer the SilverSneakers Fitness Program. So if on vacation, see if a location will be near you.
- Find a Location – www.silversneakers.com
Enroll Today .. It’s Quick & Easy!!
Please feel free to call (800-700-1246) or email anytime with questions.
Questions & Comments: